The Parish Council is the first tier of local government for Willaston. The Council consists of 12 councillors who are elected every four years by the residents to represent their interests.
All Councillors are unpaid volunteers who give up their time and expertise for the benefit of the Willaston community.
Monthly meetings are held in St Luke's Church Hall. Meeting dates and past minutes can be found on the Meetings page.
The Council was created in 1894, but today gains the majority of its powers through the Local Government Act 1972.
The Council’s assets includes Willaston Allotments, Lettie Spencer Playing Field, the war memorial, The Spinney, Mike Heywood Green (responsible for maintenance), Willaston in Bloom planters and flower beds, Wistaston Road bus shelter and Willaston book box.
The Council also organises different activities which include the Remembrance Sunday service, Carols on the Green, the Civic Service and Willaston in Bloom.
The Council can help with many aspects around the village but please report any issues with highways, street lighting and environmental issues via the relevant section of the Cheshire East website